“A mentor is someone who allows you to see hope inside yourself”
The Mentor Program is designed to connect students with successful mentors, allowing them the opportunity to gain valuable experience and advice for career development & success inspiration.
The relationship between mentors and mentees is viewed as a partnership. The Mentor Program is not intended as a job placement service for students, but is offered as a tool for students seeking career path advice from successful and experienced individuals.
- To inspire students to learn more about particular industry or subject matter;
- Recognise the upsides and downside of particular industry or subject matter;
- Apply the knowledge and lessons learned in the real world.
Mentoring is important, not only because of the knowledge and skills students can learn from mentors, but also because mentoring provides professional socialization and personal support to facilitate success in school and beyond.
- Mentor would be given 1 – 1.5 hour to address the students in one group
- The address could cover the following areas:
- Introduction to the industry / subject matter;
- Upsides and downside of the industry / subject matter;
- Success and failures of the mentor;
- Life outside the industry / subject matter
- Given the students are in the 13-17 years old, expect there to be more activities / discussion during the address
Meet Your Mentors
Mr Ho Mun Woh